LE MANDARIN CUSENIER
Circa 1935 estimated
Cusenier is a well-known French company of spirits which was founded by Eugène Cusenier and established in the Doubs department (east of France).
– 1832 Birth of Eugène Cusenier
– 1851 Birth of his brother Elysée, successor of Eugène
– 1868 First distillery in Ornans (Doubs)
– 1871 Boulevard Voltaire – Paris – subsidiary
– 1874 Company of the Great Distillery, specialized in the manufacturing of the kirsch and the absinthe
– 1937 Moving of the company in Dijon. Company is world famous and is implanted in Brussels, London, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Mexico, Shanghai and Calcutta.
Born in the 20th century, the Mandarin Aperitif that used to be acquired and distributed by Cusenier has now disappeared. Its name has nothing to do with China. It was made of mandarins wallowed in alcohol, with gentian and cinchona.
This aperitif promised health, strength and joy of heart…